MAKEUP AND HAIRSTYLING PORTFOLIO DAY
PORTFOLIO BUILDING DAY FOR MAKEUP ARTISTS & HAIRSTYLISTS
THU 3rd FEB, 2022 – BARNES, LONDON
BRING YOUR OWN MODELS: £350
WITH 2 MODELS PROVIDED: £495
Who is this suitable for: Bridal makeup artists and hairstylists who are looking to build or improve their portfolio, and pick up some photography and videography tips.
What you can expect: You’ll be creating the latest bridal makeup and hair looks on 2 professional models, with me and Kasia available for any questions and advice. We’ll then guide you on how to take the best portraits and videos of your models, that showcase your finished looks to the max.
Kasia and I will be on hand to provide guidance and advice. This isn’t the usual course or masterclass format, you’ll be the one in charge of creating the makeup and hair looks on your models. However, we’ll be there to make recommendations and help you achieve the most desirable and photogenic bridal looks for your models, so that your future brides fall in love with your work. This portfolio building day will be your opportunity to showcase your skills to future brides.
We’ll give you some invaluable tips on how to take great images and create video content yourself, so that you can become the best photographer and videographer of your own work.
HOW THE DAY WILL WORK…
You’ll be working on 2 models. If you are both a makeup artist and hairstylist you can create a makeup and hair look on the same model and if you work fast, you could squeeze in a quick change of looks to maximise the variety of your portfolio.
11am to 1pm: You’ll have the first model in your chair. When you’ve completed her look, I’ll help you practice your photography skills and teach you how to find suitable light and guide your model into flattering poses. If you’re a hairstylist, Kasia will also be on-hand to help you capture your work in beautiful images.
1pm to 2pm: We’ll break for lunch and give you a chance to prep your workstation for the model swap.2pm to 4pm: You’ll have the second model in your chair. She’ll already have a makeup look or hairstyle done, as she will have modelled for another attendee in the morning. Makeup artists will work on models who have had their hair done in the morning session, and hairstylists will work on models who have had their makeup done. This way, when you’re done, you’ll have a model with a complete makeup and hair look, who will look incredible in your images and videos.
4pm to 5pm: Final touch-ups and photographs/videos.
- You should be proficient enough in makeup and/or hairstyling to be able to create bridal looks confidently and independently. This day is not suitable for those with little or no experience.
- You should bring your makeup and/or hairstyling kit.
- Also, bring a smartphone with a “Portrait” photography feature.
- You can arrange your own models, or let us know if you’d like us to arrange them for you (there will be an extra cost for this service).
WHAT WE WILL PROVIDE…
- Our studio space. These portfolio days will be run at the K-Studio, 85 White Hart Lane, Barnes, London SW13 0PW.
- Models, if you choose the option for us to provide them.
- Bridal wear for the models.
- Guidance on which makeup/hair looks to create, so that when captured on camera your models look beautiful, photogenic and showcase your work perfectly.
- Tips and demonstrations on how to take great images and videos for social media posts.
PRICES & HOW TO BOOK…
For Online Academy members:
1. If you arrange your own models, the price is: £250
2. If you would like us to arrange models for you, the price is: £395
1. If you arrange your own models, the price is: £350
2. If you would like us to arrange models for you, the price is: £495
To apply for a place on this Portfolio Day please drop us an email to email@example.com including your Instagram handle and whether you would be arranging your own models or whether you’d like us to arrange them for you.
We will then check out your Insta and let you know within 24 hours whether your level of experience is suitable.