WHY STUDY HERE?
The fastest route to success for makeup artists and hairstylists involves acquiring the necessary skills and knowledge to become a true expert who will be sought after by discerning clients.
Learning from us, one of the top bridal teams in the UK, will ensure that you get the EXACT training required to succeed. There is no better way to learn than from those whose services are highly regarded and in demand.
Our education is suitable equally for complete newcomers to the industry, as it is for those with experience.
We train so many career changers too: ex- lawyers, accountants, oil traders, police officers, prison officers and PAs.
Many of our students are already professional makeup artists and hairstylists with various levels of experience looking to develop in a particular area.
The support and advice you will receive doesn’t stop at the end of a course – all students are encouraged to join the Online Academy, including the members’ Facebook Group, where you’ll be able to continue learning and growing your skills in a fun and supportive environment. You can stay in touch with the Academy tutors, network with other like-minded professionals from all over the world, and even receive work opportunities.
WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT YOUR APPROACH TO TEACHING?
- We teach the unique set of skills required to become exceptional in this industry – the skills that other UK makeup schools do not cover. We know this as we often have students coming to us who have completed courses elsewhere but do not feel confident in their abilities.
- Undivided attention – our courses are designed for small groups. This enables us to completely focus and guide every student so that you learn effectively, thoroughly and fast.
- You know who your tutors are – check us out HERE. With some larger makeup schools you never know what calibre of tutor will be teaching you. When you study with us, you’ll know that you’ll be in the best hands possible, learning the secrets that made us in-demand with thousands of clients.
- Models provided (for selected training events only) – students do not have to model for other fellow students, leaving more time for hands-on practical study. You’re welcome to bring your friends to model of course!
- Portraits for your portfolio – we guide you in how to photograph your work correctly, so that the images can be used in your portfolio. Without great images your business will not take off fast. It is essential to learn how to photograph makeup and hair beautifully so as to be in control of keeping your portfolio current and stylish.
- Business and start-up advice – we can help you work out a plan on how to successfully start out in the industry. This includes advice on your equipment/kit, website, customer service, recommended continued practical work and portfolio building. The exact aspects that made us successful in this industry.
- After-care – opportunities assisting at the K-Studio, paid work assignments and skill-boosting days at special low rates available only to Academy students to help your skills develop.
- Online Academy – we encourage students to join and offer a discounted rate if you have finished a course with us. This unique online resource is full of content that is constantly updated and will keep you skilled-up, motivated and in touch with both tutors and our global community of beauty professionals.
- Staying up-to-date with makeup and hairstyles – we will advise on how to stay current in the latest makeup and hair trends.
- Completion diploma (for courses only) – recognised in the industry and can be used to apply for professional discounts with makeup/hairstyling brands.
WHERE DO YOUR TRAINING EVENTS TAKE PLACE?
Our London training events are generally run at the K-Studio, SW13. This is our creative working space from where we also provide makeup, hairstyling and photography services for our clients.
We also regularly run training in various other cities in the UK, Europe and the US.
WHO IS YOUR EDUCATION SUITABLE FOR?
Our professional makeup and hairstyling education is suitable for the following clients:
- People who are starting their first career and have the ambition and desire to become successful in bridal makeup and/or hairstyling.
- Those of you who are thinking of changing career and want to learn how to become a professional bridal makeup artist and/or hairstylist with no previous experience.
- Seasoned professionals who want to update or refresh their skills, or progress their professional development.